Senator Bill Sample
(Download High-Res Photo)
- District: 14
- Seniority: 9
- District Address: 2340 N. Hwy. 7, Hot Springs, 71909
- Phone: (501) 627-5386
- Email: Bill.Sample@senate.ar.gov
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Owner Termite/Pest Control Company
- Legislative Service: Senate 2011, 2013, 2015, 2017
House 2005, 2007, 2009
Senator Bill Sample has represented Hot Springs in the Arkansas legislature since 2005.
He served in the House of Representatives for six years, from 2005 through 2010. He was sworn in to the Arkansas Senate in 2011.
He is Senate co-chair of the Joint Public Retirement and Social Security Systems Committee. He is a member of the Senate Committee on Public Health, Welfare and Labor, and the Senate Committee on State Agencies and Governmental Affairs. He also serves on the Joint Budget Committee the Legislative Joint Auditing Committee. He is a past co-chair and current member of the Legislative Council, and a member of the Joint Performance Review Committee.
Senate District 14 includes parts of Garland and Saline Counties.
In 2013, Sample was named Arkansas Legislator of the Year by the Arkansas Forestry Association and Legislator of the year by the State Chamber of Commerce.
Senator Sample and his wife, Betty Ann, are the former owners of Pestco, Incorporated, a termite and pest control company based in Hot Springs. After 35 years of ownership and service to the community, they sold the company. The Samples have two daughters.
He is a native of Stuttgart.
- Chair: PUBLIC RETIREMENT & SOCIAL SECURITY PROGRAMS-JOINT
- JOINT PERFORMANCE REVIEW (JPR)
- JOINT BUDGET COMMITTEE - PRE-FISCAL SESSION BUDGET HEARINGS
- JBC-PEER REVIEW
- ALC-EXECUTIVE SUBCOMMITTEE
- LEGISLATIVE JOINT AUDITING-COUNTIES AND MUNICIPALITIES
- ALC-CLAIMS REVIEW
- ALC-ARKANSAS HEALTH INSURANCE MARKETPLACE OVERSIGHT SUBCOMMITTEE
- ADVANCED COMMUNICATIONS AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY - JOINT
- JOINT PERFORMANCE REVIEW - SENATE
- JOINT BUDGET COMMITTEE
- ARKANSAS LEGISLATIVE COUNCIL (ALC)
- LEGISLATIVE JOINT AUDITING
- LEGISLATIVE FACILITIES
- TRANSPORTATION, TECHNOLOGY & LEGISLATIVE AFFAIRS - SENATE
- PUBLIC HEALTH, WELFARE AND LABOR COMMITTEE - SENATE
- PUBLIC HEALTH - SENATE HEALTH SERVICES
- STATE AGENCIES & GOVT'L AFFAIRS-SENATE
Senator Bill Sample
For even more member and bill details.
Senate District 14 Map