Senator Bruce Maloch
(Download High-Res Photo)
- District: 12
- Seniority: 13
- District Address: 650 Columbia Road 258, Magnolia, 71753
- Phone: 870-235-7041
- Email: email@example.com
- Party: Democrat
- Occupation: Banker/Attorney/Farmer
- Legislative Service: Senate 2013, 2015, 2017
House 2005, 2007, 2009
Senator Bruce Maloch has represented District 12 since 2013. Previously, he served six years in the House of Representatives, from 2005 through 2010, and 10 years as a Justice of the Peace on the Columbia County Quorum Court.
Senator Maloch chairs the Senate Rules Committee and is a member of the Senate Revenue and Taxation Committee and the Senate Committee on Agriculture, Forestry and Economic Development. He also serves on the Joint Budget Committee and the Legislative Council.
Senate District 12 includes Columbia and Dallas Counties and parts of Clark, Grant, Nevada and Ouachita Counties.
Senator Maloch has been involved in public service for decades. While serving in the House, he was chairman of the Joint Budget Committee, where he helped guide the 87th General Assembly through the state’s first Fiscal Session. In his first term, he was elected chairman of his 37-member Freshman Caucus.
Maloch was recognized as Legislator of the Year by the Arkansas Realtors Association, Person of the Year by the Arkansas Municipal League and was named one of the state’s top 10 legislators by Talk Business magazine.
Professionally, Maloch practiced law nearly three years with Anderson, Crumpler, Bell & Maloch before joining Farmers Bank & Trust Co. He is currently the company’s Vice Chairman, Chief Operating Officer and General Counsel and is a member of the board of directors.
In 2019 he was named Citizen of the Year by the Magnolia-Columbia County Chamber of Commerce.
Senator Maloch has been active with several community and civic organizations:
- Abilities Unlimited (Past Board Member)
- Arkansas Farm Bureau Young Farmers and Ranchers State Committee
- Arkansas FFA Foundation, Inc. (Past Chairman)
- Arkansas Cattlemen’s Association (Secretary-Treasurer, 1992-1996)
- Arkansas State Fair and Livestock Association (Executive Committee, 2007-present)
- Columbia County Bar Association (Past President)
- Columbia County Cattlemen’s Association (President, 1990-1991)
- Columbia County Fair Association (Board Member)
- Columbia County Farm Bureau (Board Member)
- Columbia County Industrial Development Corporation (Past Board Member)
- Columbia County Quorum Court (Member, 1988-1998)
- International Brangus Breeders Association (Past Board Member)
- Magnolia Airport Commission (Past Commissioner)
- Magnolia-Columbia County Chamber of Commerce (President, 1986-1987)
- Magnolia Industrial Park (Past Board Member)
- Magnolia Rotary Club (Past Board Member; Current Member)
- South Arkansas Development Council (Past Board Member) Southern Arkansas University Alumni Association (President, 1994-1995)
Born in Magnolia, Senator Maloch received his Bachelor of Business Administration in Business Agriculture from Southern Arkansas University and his Juris Doctor with honors from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock School of Law.
He is a graduate of the Institute on Comparative Economic and Political Systems (Georgetown University) and the Southwestern Graduate School of Banking (Southern Methodist University).
He and wife Martha have one son and two daughters and are members of First Baptist Church of Magnolia. They have four granddaughters.
- Chair: SENATE RULES, RESOLUTIONS & MEMORIALS
- Co-Chair: ALC-PEER
- Vice-Chair: JBC-SPECIAL LANGUAGE
- ALC-DATA-SHARING AND DATA-DRIVEN DECISION-MAKING SUBCOMMITTEE
- ALC-JBC BUDGET HEARINGS
- JOINT BUDGET COMMITTEE
- ENERGY - JOINT
- ALC-CLAIMS REVIEW
- ALC-HIGHER EDUCATION SUBCOMMITTEE
- JOINT BUDGET COMMITTEE - PRE-FISCAL SESSION BUDGET HEARINGS
- ARKANSAS LEGISLATIVE COUNCIL (ALC)
- ALC-LITIGATION REPORTS OVERSIGHT SUBCOMMITTEE
- REVENUE & TAX - SENATE
- AGRICULTURE, FORESTRY & ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT - SENATE
Senator Bruce Maloch
For even more member and bill details.
Senate District 12 Map