Senator James Sturch
(Download High-Res Photo)
- District: 19
- Seniority: 33
- District Address: P.O. Box 2391, Batesville, 72503
- Phone: (870) 612-7589
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Former Teacher
James Sturch, a lifelong resident of Independence County, is currently serving as the State Senator for District 19 in the Arkansas State Senate.
Sturch is a graduate of Southside High School and the University of Arkansas at Little Rock, where he earned degrees in political science and secondary education.
Sturch is a certified high school social studies teacher and completed his master’s degree in Public Administration. Sturch has a passion for public service that began at a young age, when he first volunteered for a state gubernatorial campaign more than 15 years ago.
He was first elected in 2014 as State Representative for District 63. In the 90th General Assembly, he quickly earned a reputation for being a hard worker.
His willingness to work with other legislators to find ways to improve the quality of life for Arkansans garnered respect from colleagues on both sides of the political spectrum. He was re-elected in 2016 for the 91st General Assembly where he served on the Education committee and the State Agencies committee.
In 2018, Sturch was elected State Senator. He represents Independence, Izard, Sharp, and parts of Fulton and Randolph counties. For the 92nd General Assembly, he currently serves on the Senate Education and Agriculture/Economic Development committees.
He is also the Vice Chair of Senate Rules committee. Whether it is improving our schools, reforming the tax code or opening our state for business, Senator Sturch has helped move our community and our state forward, by expanding opportunities for all hard-working Arkansans.
Sturch continues to volunteer for a number of organizations that promote civic engagement and public service for all ages. He currently serves as a board member for the Batesville Kiwanis Club. James and his wife Macy reside in Southside, AR.
- Vice-Chair: SENATE RULES, RESOLUTIONS & MEMORIALS
- ALC-ARKANSAS HEALTH INSURANCE MARKETPLACE OVERSIGHT SUBCOMMITTEE
- ALC-OCCUPATIONAL LICENSING REVIEW SUBCOMMITTEE
- ACADEMIC FACILITIES OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE
- LEGISLATIVE JOINT AUDITING-EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS
- ALC-ADMINISTRATIVE RULES
- DATA-SHARING & DATA-DRIVEN DECISION-MAKING TASK FORCE
- ALC-CLAIMS REVIEW
- ARKANSAS LEGISLATIVE COUNCIL (ALC)
- LEGISLATIVE JOINT AUDITING
- EDUCATION COMMITTEE - SENATE
- AGRICULTURE, FORESTRY & ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT - SENATE
Senator James Sturch
For even more member and bill details.
Senate District 19 Map