Senator Jason Rapert
(Download High-Res Photo)
- District: 35
- Seniority: 5
- District Address: P.O. Box 10388, Conway, 72034
- Phone: 501-336-0918
- Email: Jason.Rapert@senate.ar.gov
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Providence Financial Group, Inc.
- Legislative Service: Senate 2011, 2013, 2015, 2017
Senator Jason Rapert represents Senate District 35, which includes parts of Faulkner and Perry Counties.
He and his wife Laurie attended the University of Central Arkansas at Conway. While at UCA he served on the Student Judicial Board and served as a congressional intern in the office of former Second Congressional District Representative Ray Thornton.
After 20 years in the insurance and financial services industry with a spotless record and no complaints, he now owns Rapert Financial and Associates. He consults in the financial services industry on an as needed basis.
He was elected to the Senate in 2010 and took the oath of office on the first day of the 2011 legislative session. He currently serves as chairman of the Senate Committee on Insurance and Commerce and as Senate vice chairman of the Legislative Joint Auditing Committee.
He serves on the Legislative Council and also is a member of the Senate Committee on Revenue and Taxation, the Joint Budget Committee and the Joint Committee on Public Retirement and Social Security Systems. Senator Rapert is a member of the Arkansas Health Insurance Marketplace Legislative Oversight Committee.
In the 2013 legislative session Rapert joined the Senate leadership and was the lead sponsor of Act 301, the Human Heartbeat Protection Act. It prohibits abortions when the physician can detect a heartbeat using ultrasound at 12 weeks unless exceptions are met, and is one of the most restrictive anti-abortion laws in the United States.
In 2019 he co-sponsored Act 180, the Human Life Protection Act to prohibit abortion in
Arkansas, and Act 493, the Cherish Act to prohibit abortions after 18 weeks of gestation.
Rapert sponsored Act 1088 to set higher standards of accountability and transparency for financial transactions made by the state Treasurer’s Office. This reform legislation enhanced the oversight of the State Board of Finance and increased checks and balances related to the Treasurer's Office.
He was the lead Senate sponsor of Act 1450, Governor Mike Beebe’s bill to repeal the state sales tax on groceries as soon as certain state financial obligations are met.
He sponsored Act 1213 to place a Ten Commandments monument on the grounds of the state Capitol.
As chairman of Insurance and Commerce, during regular sessions he sponsors legislation to update laws regulating the insurance industry and to modernize policies at the state Insurance Department.
Senator Rapert is an active member of the National Conference of Insurance Legislators (NCOIL) and was elected by his peers as treasurer of the NCOIL for 2014 and president in 2017-2018.
Senator Rapert is the founder and former president of Holy Ghost Ministries, Inc. (HGM), a faith based humanitarian missions organization providing clean water and assistance to the poor and orphans in Ghana West Africa, Uganda and the Philippines.
Senator Rapert is currently involved, or has formerly been involved, with various organizations including the following:
- Holy Ghost Ministries, Inc., President and Founder
- Rotary International, Member
- The Conway Rotary Club, Past President
Conway Rotary awarded him the Rotarian of the Year Award in 2007
- Rotary International District 6170, Past Assistant Governor
- Gideons International, former Vice President
- Conway Christian School Foundation, Board of Directors
- Conway Area Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors
- Conway Symphony Orchestra, Board of Directors
- Faulkner County Leadership Institute, Class of 2002
- Faulkner County Republican Party, Member
- The Republican National Committee, Member
- Arkansas Republican Party Tusk Club, Member
- Future Farmers of America, Alumni Association
- Arkansas Farm Bureau, Member
- Arkansas Cattlemen's Association, Member
- Angus Association, Member
- National Rifle Association, Life Member
- Sanctuary of Hope Church, Ordained Minister
- Christians United For Israel, Member
- Central Arkansas Fiddlers Association, Member Senator
- Chair: LEGISLATIVE JOINT AUDITING, LEGISLATIVE JOINT AUDITING - EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE, INSURANCE & COMMERCE - SENATE
- JBC-SPECIAL LANGUAGE
- ALC-ADMINISTRATIVE RULES
- ALC-CHARITABLE, PENAL, AND CORRECTIONAL INSTITUTIONS
- ALC-DATA-SHARING AND DATA-DRIVEN DECISION-MAKING SUBCOMMITTEE
- ALC-JBC BUDGET HEARINGS
- JOINT BUDGET COMMITTEE
- PUBLIC RETIREMENT & SOCIAL SECURITY PROGRAMS-JOINT
- ALC-LOTTERY OVERSIGHT SUBCOMMITTEE
- ALC-HOSPITAL AND MEDICAID STUDY SUBCOMMITTEE
- GOVERNOR'S EMERGENCY FUND REVIEW COMMITTEE
- JOINT BUDGET COMMITTEE - PRE-FISCAL SESSION BUDGET HEARINGS
- ALC-HIGHER EDUCATION SUBCOMMITTEE
- SENATE RULES, RESOLUTIONS & MEMORIALS
- ALC-LITIGATION REPORTS OVERSIGHT SUBCOMMITTEE
- ALC-ARKANSAS HEALTH INSURANCE MARKETPLACE OVERSIGHT SUBCOMMITTEE
- REVENUE & TAX - SENATE
- ARKANSAS LEGISLATIVE COUNCIL (ALC)
Senator Jason Rapert
For even more member and bill details.
Senate District 35 Map