Senator Jim Hendren
(Download High-Res Photo)
- District: 2
- Seniority: 15
- District Address: 1607 Highway 72, S.E., Gravette, 72736
- Phone: 479-787-6222
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Owner, Hendren Plastics, Inc.
- Veteran: Air Force, Missouri Air National Guard, 157 Air Operations Group in St. Louis
- Legislative Service: Senate 2013, 2015, 2017, 2019
House 1995, 1997, 1999
Senator Jim Hendren of Gravette is President Pro Tempore of the Senate for the 92nd General Assembly, and represents Senate District 2.
He served on the Gravette School Board for 15 years. He was elected to the House of Representatives in 1994 and served three terms. He was elected to the Senate in 2012 and took the oath of office on the first day of the 2013 session. Senate District 2 includes parts of Benton and Washington Counties.
Hendren has sponsored legislation to reduce government spending and limit government regulatory authority. He supported bills to lower taxes and to protect life.
He is the owner of Hendren Plastics, Inc.,
Senator Hendren has been active in several organizations:
- Kiwanis Club, past president and current member
- Lifetime member of the American Legion, and
- Veteran’s Airlift Command
A native of Gravette, Senator Hendren received his Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from the University of Arkansas in 1984. The same year he joined the United States Air Force, where he served eight years as an F-15 fighter pilot.
After September 11, 2001, Hendren returned to military service through the Missouri Air National Guard and is currently a Senior Offensive Duty Officer (SODO), 157 Air Operations Group in St. Louis.
Senator Hendren and his wife of over 25 years, Tammy, have three sons and one daughter.
- JBC-SPECIAL LANGUAGE
- JBC-PEER REVIEW
- ALC-OCCUPATIONAL LICENSING REVIEW SUBCOMMITTEE
- ALC-JBC BUDGET HEARINGS
- LEGISLATIVE JOINT AUDITING
- JOINT BUDGET COMMITTEE
- JOINT BUDGET COMMITTEE - PRE-FISCAL SESSION BUDGET HEARINGS
- ALC-EXECUTIVE SUBCOMMITTEE
- ALC-ADMINISTRATIVE RULES
- CHILDREN AND YOUTH COMMITTEE - SENATE
- SENATE EFFICIENCY
- LEGISLATIVE JOINT AUDITING-EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS
- ALC-HOSPITAL AND MEDICAID STUDY SUBCOMMITTEE
- ALC-HIGHWAY COMMISSION REVIEW AND ADVISORY SUBCOMMITTEE
- EDUCATION COMMITTEE - SENATE
- CITY, COUNTY & LOCAL AFFAIRS COMMITTEE - SENATE
- ARKANSAS LEGISLATIVE COUNCIL (ALC)
- LEGISLATIVE FACILITIES
Senator Jim Hendren
For even more member and bill details.
Senate District 2 Map