Senator Larry Teague
(Download High-Res Photo)
- District: 10
- Seniority: 3
- District Address: P.O. Box 903, Nashville, 71852
- Phone: 870-845-5303
- Email: Larry.Teague@senate.ar.gov
- Party: Democrat
- Occupation: Insurance
- Legislative Service: Senate 2009, 2011, 2013, 2015, 2017
House 1997, 1999, 2001
Senator Larry R. Teague represents Senate District 10, which includes Howard, Montgomery, Pike and Polk Counties and parts of Clark, Hempstead, Nevada and Sevier Counties. As an advocate for rural Arkansas he supports hospitals, highways, schools, job training, high speed Internet access and water projects.
Prior to his election to the Senate in 2008, he served for six years in the House of Representatives from 1997 through 2002. As a freshman member of the House in 1997 he was named vice chairman of the Revenue and Taxation Committee. In 1999 he became chairman of the House Revenue and Taxation Committee and served in that role for the remainder of his tenure in the House.
As a freshman senator in 2009 he became chairman of the Senate Revenue and Taxation Committee. Then, in 2013 Senator Teague took on a new leadership position, becoming the Senate co-chairman of the Joint Budget Committee. He continues to chair Joint Budget, which reviews in detail every state agency spending requests.
Senator Teague has been recognized by numerous advocacy groups for his legislative work. His list of honors includes:
- 2013 Champion of Advanced Energy, Arkansas Advanced Energy Association
- 2013 Legislator of the Year, Arkansas Forestry Association
- 2011 Arkansas Prosecuting Attorneys Association Advocate of Justice Award
- 2011 Appreciation Award for Legislative Efforts and Support, Arkansas Dental Association
- Outstanding State Legislator of 2011, Arkansas State Employees Association
- 2011 Community Service Award, Mental Health Council
- 2011 Freedom Champion Award from Arkansas Bikers Aiming towards Education
- 2011 Kids Count Coalition Champion, Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families
- 2002 Rural Advocate of the Year
- 2001 - Named by the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette as one of the Ten Best Legislators of the General Assembly
- Arkansas Municipal League Distinguished Service Award in 1997 and 2001
- Legislator of the Year, Arkansas School Counselors Association - Southwest Region
- Statesmanship Award, Arkansas Hospital Association.
Senator Teague is active in numerous civic groups, including the Arkansas Hunger Relief Alliance. He attends First United Methodist Church of Nashville, where he teaches Sunday school and is a lay speaker.
A native of Nashville, Senator Teague attended the University of Arkansas and Texarkana Community College. He is a former alderman on the Nashville City Council. He has an insurance agency in Nashville, and as a young man he was assistant manager of the Skaggs Alpha Beta grocery store in Texarkana.
He and his wife Debbie have one son and one daughter and three grandchildren.
- Co-Chair: JOINT BUDGET COMMITTEE, JOINT BUDGET COMMITTEE - PRE-FISCAL SESSION BUDGET HEARINGS
- Vice-Chair: ALC-ARKANSAS HEALTH INSURANCE MARKETPLACE OVERSIGHT SUBCOMMITTEE, REVENUE & TAX - SENATE
- LEGISLATIVE JOINT AUDITING-COUNTIES AND MUNICIPALITIES
- LEGISLATIVE JOINT AUDITING
- PUBLIC RETIREMENT & SOCIAL SECURITY PROGRAMS-JOINT
- ALC-JBC BUDGET HEARINGS
- SENATE RULES, RESOLUTIONS & MEMORIALS
- INSURANCE & COMMERCE - SENATE
- JBC-SPECIAL LANGUAGE
- JBC-PEER REVIEW
- ARKANSAS LEGISLATIVE COUNCIL (ALC)
- LEGISLATIVE FACILITIES
Senator Larry Teague
For even more member and bill details.
Senate District 10 Map