Senator Mathew Pitsch
(Download High-Res Photo)
- District: 8
- Seniority: 34
- District Address: 9923 Glen Flora Circle, Fort Smith, 72908
- Phone: (479) 883-2072
- Email: email@example.com
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Engineer / Business Owner
Senator Mathew Pitsch of Fort Smith was born in Buffalo, Wyoming.
Currently, Senator Pitsch is serving his first term in the Arkansas Senate. He represents Senate District 8 which covers part of Sebastian County including Greenwood and part of Fort Smith. Previously, he served two terms in the Arkansas House of Representatives from 2015 to 2018.
During the 2019 regular session, Senator Pitsch sponsored several bills to make government more efficient by eliminating obsolete government entities and repealing unnecessary duplication in regulations. He also sponsored legislation to strengthen prohibitions against using hand-held cell phones in school zones.
Senator Pitsch also sponsored a series of bills on voting procedures, in order to modernize and protect the fairness of election and to ensure that all voters are U.S. citizens.
Also, Senator Pitsch was the Senate sponsor of Act 376 of 2019, which changes procedures for citizens’ groups to follow when they try to get a ballot issue approved. The attorney general will no longer approve the ballot title and popular name. That will be done by the state Board of Election Commissioners.
He earned his B.S. and M.S. in electrical engineering management from the University of Missouri in Rolla in 1985 and 1986, respectively.
Senator Pitsch’s professional experience includes being executive director of Western Arkansas Intermodal Authority, dean of the college of Applied Science and Technology at the University of Arkansas Fort Smith, vice-president for economic development for the Greater Fort Smith Regional Chamber of Commerce and chairman of the board of the Arkansas-Oklahoma Regional Education and Promotion Association.
Senator Pitsch is married to Seanna and has four children, two daughters and two sons.
- Chair: LEGISLATIVE JOINT AUDITING-EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS
- Vice-Chair: CHILDREN AND YOUTH COMMITTEE - SENATE
- LEGISLATIVE JOINT AUDITING - EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
- ADVANCED COMMUNICATIONS AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY - JOINT
- LEGISLATIVE JOINT AUDITING
- JOINT BUDGET COMMITTEE
- ALC-ADMINISTRATIVE RULES
- ALC-LOTTERY OVERSIGHT SUBCOMMITTEE
- JOINT BUDGET COMMITTEE - PRE-FISCAL SESSION BUDGET HEARINGS
- ALC-HIGHER EDUCATION SUBCOMMITTEE
- ALC-DATA-SHARING AND DATA-DRIVEN DECISION-MAKING SUBCOMMITTEE
- ALC-JBC BUDGET HEARINGS
- TRANSPORTATION, TECHNOLOGY & LEGISLATIVE AFFAIRS - SENATE
- SENATE EFFICIENCY
- ARKANSAS LEGISLATIVE COUNCIL (ALC)
- AGRICULTURE, FORESTRY & ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT - SENATE
- JBC-PEER REVIEW
- JBC-SPECIAL LANGUAGE
Senator Mathew Pitsch
For even more member and bill details.
Senate District 8 Map