Senator Will Bond
(Download High-Res Photo)
- District: 32
- Seniority: 27
- District Address: 711 W 3rd, Little Rock, 72201
- Phone: 501-396-5400
- Email: Will.Bond@senate.ar.gov
- Party: Democrat
- Occupation: Attorney
- Legislative Service: Senate 2017,
House 2003, 2005, 2007
Senator Will Bond of Little Rock and his wife, Gabriel, have a son and twin daughters.
Senator Bond has been a partner in the Little Rock law firm of McMath Woods P.A. since 2006. He served in the Arkansas House of Representatives, representing District 44 (Jacksonville) from 2003 through 2008. The Arkansas Democrat Gazette named him one of the top 10 legislators of 2005.
Bond chaired the City, County and Local Affairs Committee (2005) and worked to protect municipal drinking water sources. He also served on the Joint Budget Committee, including being Chair of its Special Language subcommittee in 2007.
After six years in the House, then-governor Mike Beebe asked him to serve as Chairman of the Arkansas Democratic Party. He was elected and served in that volunteer position from 2011 through July of 2013.
He was elected to the Senate in 2016 and took the oath of office in 2017. He serves on the Joint Budget Committee, the Senate Judiciary Committee, the Senate Committee on State Agencies and Governmental Affairs and the Legislative Council. He is the Senate Minority Whip.
Senator Bond graduated from Vanderbilt University with a B.A. in 1992 and earned his law degree from the University of Arkansas School of Law in 1995.
He is a Methodist.
- Vice-Chair: ALC-CHARITABLE, PENAL, AND CORRECTIONAL INSTITUTIONS
- CODE REVISION COMMISSION
- JOINT BUDGET COMMITTEE - PRE-FISCAL SESSION BUDGET HEARINGS
- JBC-ADMINISTRATIVE RULE REVIEW SUBCOMMITTEE
- LEGISLATIVE JOINT AUDITING-STATE AGENCIES
- ALC-HIGHER EDUCATION SUBCOMMITTEE
- ALC-LITIGATION REPORTS OVERSIGHT SUBCOMMITTEE
- ALC-POLICY MAKING
- ALC-OCCUPATIONAL LICENSING REVIEW SUBCOMMITTEE
- DATA-SHARING & DATA-DRIVEN DECISION-MAKING TASK FORCE
- JUDICIARY COMMITTEE - SENATE
- STATE AGENCIES & GOVT'L AFFAIRS-SENATE
- ENERGY - JOINT
- CHILDREN AND YOUTH COMMITTEE - SENATE
- JOINT BUDGET COMMITTEE
- ARKANSAS LEGISLATIVE COUNCIL (ALC)
- LEGISLATIVE JOINT AUDITING
Senator Will Bond
For even more member and bill details.
Senate District 32 Map