Senator Alan Clark
(Download High-Res Photo)
- District: 13
- Seniority: 12
- District Address: P.O. Box 211, Lonsdale, 72087
- Phone: (501) 844-6800
- Email: email@example.com
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Vice President/Chief Operating Officer, Clark's Building and Decorating Center
- Legislative Service: Senate 2013, 2015, 2017, 2019, 2021
Senator Alan Clark of Lonsdale represents District 13, which include parts of Garland, Grant and all of Hot Spring County. He was elected to the Senate in 2012 and took the oath of office in 2013. He is chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee.
Senator Clark is a member of the Senate Committee on City, County and Local Affairs, Joint Performance Review, Senate Interim Committee on Children and Youth, Joint Budget Committee and Arkansas Legislative Council.
Senator Clark was vice chair of the Water Provider Legislative Task Force, which assessed the fiscal and infrastructure needs of water systems across Arkansas. He also is an advocate of reform in the child welfare system, and has chaired the Child Maltreatment Investigations Oversight Committee, which was created by legislation he sponsored in 2017. Senator Clark supported legislation to increase Department of Human Service Division of Children and Family Services (DCFS) budget by more than $39 million in Fiscal Years 2018 and 2019.
Senator Clark was the first Republican elected to his district since Reconstruction
In 2021 Senator Clark sponsored legislation restoring dealt a person’s driver’s license after failure to pay or failure to appear, changing the fees charged inmates for phone calls, creating the “Arkansas Civil Asset Forfeiture Reform Act of 2021” and allowing interested individuals to attend hearings concerning juveniles.
He was the Senate co-sponsor of House bills that allow jurors to donate their per diem to charitable organizations. Other bills strengthened penalties for offenses committed against critical infrastructure, amended procedures in disputed child custody cases and reformed election laws.
He served on the Garland County Quorum Court from 1992 through 1996. Senator Clark is a past member of the Garland County Planning Commission.
Senator Clark is vice president and chief operating officer of Clark’s Building and Decorating Center. In 2011, Senator Clark was named Associate of the Year by the Hot Springs Home Builders Association.
He has been active in several professional organizations, including service on the board of directors of the National Lumber Building Materials Dealers Association and past president of the Mid-America Lumberman’s Association. He is a past chairman of the POS Pace Committee (Ace Hardware) and a past president of the Central Arkansas Ace Team. Also, he served on the board of directors of the Hot Springs Home Builders Association Board of Directors.
He and his wife, Jana, have a son and a daughter. Senator Clark and his wife attend the Church of Philadelphia, where he teaches Sunday School.
- Chair: CHILD MALTREATMENT INVESTIGATIONS OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE, JUDICIARY COMMITTEE - SENATE
- Vice-Chair: ALC-REVIEW
- ALC-HIGHER EDUCATION SUBCOMMITTEE
- LEGISLATIVE JOINT AUDITING-EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS
- COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE - SENATE
- ALC-CHARITABLE, PENAL, AND CORRECTIONAL INSTITUTIONS
- ALC-OCCUPATIONAL LICENSING REVIEW SUBCOMMITTEE
- LEGISLATIVE JOINT AUDITING
- CITY, COUNTY & LOCAL AFFAIRS COMMITTEE - SENATE
- JOINT PERFORMANCE REVIEW - SENATE
- JOINT PERFORMANCE REVIEW (JPR)
- CHILDREN AND YOUTH COMMITTEE - SENATE
- ARKANSAS LEGISLATIVE COUNCIL (ALC)
- JOINT BUDGET COMMITTEE
Senator Alan Clark
For even more member and bill details.
Senate District 13 Map