Senator Alan Clark
(Download High-Res Photo)
- District: 13
- Seniority: 12
- District Address: P.O. Box 211, Lonsdale, 72087
- Phone: (501) 844-6800
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Vice President/Chief Operating Officer, Clark's Building and Decorating Center
- Legislative Service: Senate 2013, 2015, 2017
Senator Alan Clark of Lonsdale represents District 13, which include parts of Garland, Grant and all of Hot Spring County.
He was elected to the Senate in 2012 and took the oath of office in 2013. Senator Clark chairs the Senate Judiciary Committee and is a member of the Senate Committee on City, County and Local Affairs. He also serves on the Joint Performance Review Committee, the Senate Interim Committee on Children and Youth, the Joint Budget Committee and the Legislative Council. He is vice chair of the Council’s Performance Evaluation and Expenditure Review Subcommittee.
Senator Clark was vice chair of the Water Provider Legislative Task Force, which assessed the fiscal and infrastructure needs of water systems across Arkansas. He also is an advocate of reform in the child welfare system, and has chaired the Child Maltreatment Investigations Oversight Committee, which was created by legislation he sponsored in 2017.
He is vice president and chief operating officer of Clark’s Building and Decorating Center. Before his election to the Senate, he had served on the Garland County Quorum Court from 1992 through 1996.
In 2011, Senator Clark was named Associate of the Year by the Hot Springs Home Builders Association.
He has been active in several professional organizations, including service on the board of directors of the National Lumber Building Materials Dealers Association and past president of the Mid-America Lumberman’s Association. He is a past chairman of the POS Pace Committee (Ace Hardware) and a past president of the Central Arkansas Ace Team. Also, he served on the board of directors of the Hot Springs Home Builders Association Board of Directors.
Senator Clark is a past member of the Garland County Planning Commission.
He and his wife, Jana, have a son and a daughter.
- Chair: JUDICIARY COMMITTEE - SENATE
- Vice-Chair: ALC-PEER
- JOINT PERFORMANCE REVIEW (JPR)
- JOINT BUDGET COMMITTEE - PRE-FISCAL SESSION BUDGET HEARINGS
- JBC-PEER REVIEW
- LEGISLATIVE JOINT AUDITING-COUNTIES AND MUNICIPALITIES
- ALC-CHARITABLE, PENAL, AND CORRECTIONAL INSTITUTIONS
- ALC-HIGHER EDUCATION SUBCOMMITTEE
- ALC-HOSPITAL AND MEDICAID STUDY SUBCOMMITTEE
- ALC-LITIGATION REPORTS OVERSIGHT SUBCOMMITTEE
- CITY, COUNTY & LOCAL AFFAIRS COMMITTEE - SENATE
- JOINT PERFORMANCE REVIEW - SENATE
- CHILDREN AND YOUTH COMMITTEE - SENATE
- JOINT BUDGET COMMITTEE
- ARKANSAS LEGISLATIVE COUNCIL (ALC)
- LEGISLATIVE JOINT AUDITING
Senator Alan Clark
For even more member and bill details.
Senate District 13 Map