Senator Bart Hester
(Download High-Res Photo)
- District: 1
- Seniority: 18
- District Address: P.O. Box 85, Cave Springs, 72718
- Phone: 479-531-4176
- Email: email@example.com
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Real Estate and Construction
- Legislative Service: Senate 2013, 2015, 2017
Senator Bart Hester of Cave Springs, the Senate Majority Leader, represents Senate District 1. It includes parts of Benton and Washington Counties.
Senator Hester was elected to the Senate in 2012 and took the oath of office on the first day of the 2013 session.
He believes in holding down the size of government and reducing government debt. He has been a consistent sponsor of legislation to lower taxes and reduce regulatory burdens on business. Also, his legislative priorities include bills to strengthen the state’s system of foster care and adoptions.
In 2017 Senator Hester co-sponsored legislation to provide $50 million in income tax relief to lower-income families. In 2015 he co-sponsored legislation to provide $100 million in income tax relief to middle class Arkansas families.
His business interests are in real estate and construction.
Senator Hester is chair of the Senate Interim Committee on Children and Youth. He also serves on the Senate Public Health, Welfare and Labor Committee and the Senate State Agencies and Governmental Affairs Committee. He is on the Legislative Council and the Legislative Joint Auditing Committee.
A native of Conway, he is a 2001 graduate of the Sam Walton College of Business at the University of Arkansas with a bachelor's degree in Business Management.
Senator Hester has been active in the National Rifle Association and the University of Arkansas Lettermans “A” Club. He lettered for three years for the Razorbacks’ varsity baseball team.
He and his wife, Ashley, were named Big Brother Big Sister of the Year for Washington County.
His family are members of the First Baptist Church in Bentonville.
- Chair: JBC-ADMINISTRATIVE RULE REVIEW SUBCOMMITTEE, CHILDREN AND YOUTH COMMITTEE - SENATE
- Co-Chair: ALC-CLAIMS REVIEW
- Vice-Chair: LEGISLATIVE JOINT AUDITING-EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS, ALC-REVIEW
- JOINT BUDGET COMMITTEE - PRE-FISCAL SESSION BUDGET HEARINGS
- ALC-CHARITABLE, PENAL, AND CORRECTIONAL INSTITUTIONS
- ALC-HIGHWAY COMMISSION REVIEW AND ADVISORY SUBCOMMITTEE
- SENATE EFFICIENCY
- JOINT BUDGET COMMITTEE
- ARKANSAS LEGISLATIVE COUNCIL (ALC)
- LEGISLATIVE JOINT AUDITING
- LEGISLATIVE FACILITIES
- PUBLIC HEALTH, WELFARE AND LABOR COMMITTEE - SENATE
- PUBLIC HEALTH - SENATE HEALTH SERVICES
- STATE AGENCIES & GOVT'L AFFAIRS-SENATE
Senator Bart Hester
For even more member and bill details.
Senate District 1 Map