Senator Breanne Davis
Senator Breanne Davis of Russellville won a special election in 2018 to represent District 16 in the Arkansas Senate.
During the 2019 regular session, she co-sponsored Act 198 to expand broadband Internet access in municipalities and rural areas. She also co-sponsored laws to raise the maximum speed limit on interstates to 75 m.p.h., to strengthen investigations into maltreatment at long term care facilities and to clarify the implementation of Amendment 100, the Arkansas Casino Gaming Amendment.
She has served on the Russellville School Board, for which she was named President, Communications Liaison and Legislative Liaison. She also has served on the Arkansas Board of State Athletic Training, the Arkansas Commission on Eye and Vision Care of School-Age Children, the Russellville Downtown Master Planning Commission and Leadership Russellville.
Senator Davis graduated from Russellville High School and has a bachelor’s degree in speech communications from Arkansas Tech.
She and her husband, John-Paul, have two sons and two daughters.
District 16 consists of Newton and Pope Counties and parts of Boone, Carroll and Van Buren Counties.
A member of the Legislative Council, Senator Davis co-chairs its Higher Education Subcommittee. She is vice chair of the Senate Committee on Transportation, Technology and Legislative Affairs. She serves on the Joint Budget Committee and is vice chair of its Administrative Rules and Regulations Review Subcommittee. She is a member of the Senate State Agencies and Governmental Affairs Committee and the Senate Interim Committee on Children and Youth.
- Co-Chair: ALC-HIGHER EDUCATION SUBCOMMITTEE
- Vice-Chair: JBC-ADMINISTRATIVE RULE REVIEW SUBCOMMITTEE, ADVANCED COMMUNICATIONS AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY - JOINT, TRANSPORTATION, TECHNOLOGY & LEGISLATIVE AFFAIRS - SENATE
- STATE AGENCIES & GOVT'L AFFAIRS-SENATE
- ALC-DATA-SHARING AND DATA-DRIVEN DECISION-MAKING SUBCOMMITTEE
- JOINT BUDGET COMMITTEE - PRE-FISCAL SESSION BUDGET HEARINGS
- JBC-PEER REVIEW
- ALC-CLAIMS REVIEW
- ALC-GAME & FISH/STATE POLICE
- ALC-HOSPITAL AND MEDICAID STUDY SUBCOMMITTEE
- ALC-LITIGATION REPORTS OVERSIGHT SUBCOMMITTEE
- ALC-OCCUPATIONAL LICENSING REVIEW SUBCOMMITTEE
- DATA-SHARING & DATA-DRIVEN DECISION-MAKING TASK FORCE
- CHILDREN AND YOUTH COMMITTEE - SENATE
- SENATE EFFICIENCY
- JOINT BUDGET COMMITTEE
- ARKANSAS LEGISLATIVE COUNCIL (ALC)
Senator Breanne Davis
For even more member and bill details.
Senate District 16 Map