Senator Breanne Davis
Senator Breanne Davis of Russellville won a special election in 2018 to represent District 16 in the Arkansas Senate. District 16 consists of Newton and Pope Counties and parts of Boone, Carroll and Van Buren Counties. Senator Davis serves as vice chair on the Senate Efficiency Committee.
She is a member of the Senate Committee on Public Health, Welfare and Labor, the Senate State Agencies and Governmental Affairs, the Senate Interim Committee on Children and Youth, the Joint Budget Committee and the Legislative Council.
In 2021 Senator Davis sponsored legislation to create “Lila’s Law,” which prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities who need an organ transplant. She sponsored legislation to mandate Medicaid coverage of continuous glucose monitors for people with diabetes and to amend the law regulating paid canvassers for ballot issues.
Senator Davis co-sponsored Senate Joint Resolution 10, which will place on the 2022 general election ballot a proposal to amend the Arkansas Constitution allowing the General Assembly to call itself into special session.
In 2019 she co-sponsored Act 198 to expand Internet access in small towns and rural areas. She also co-sponsored laws to raise the maximum speed limit on interstates to 75 miles an hour, to strengthen investigations into maltreatment at long term care facilities and to clarify implementation of Amendment 100, the Arkansas Casino Gaming Amendment.
She has served on the Russellville School Board, for which she has been President, Communications Liaison and Legislative Liaison.
She has served on the Arkansas Board of State Athletic Training, the Arkansas Commission on Eye and Vision Care of School-Age Children, the Russellville Downtown Master Planning Commission and Leadership Russellville.
Senator Davis graduated from Russellville High School and has a bachelor’s degree in speech communications from Arkansas Tech.
Senator Breanne Davis was the first member of the General Assembly to be pregnant and to give birth while in office. She gave birth to a baby girl in the fall of 2018. She and her husband, John-Paul, have two sons and two daughters.
- Chair: ALC-JBC PERSONNEL, JBC-PERSONNEL
- Vice-Chair: ALC-POLICY MAKING, SENATE EFFICIENCY
- PUBLIC HEALTH - SENATE HUMAN SERVICES SUBCOMMITTEE
- ALC-GAME & FISH/STATE POLICE
- ALC-HIGHER EDUCATION SUBCOMMITTEE
- COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE - SENATE
- ALC-CLAIMS REVIEW/LITIGATION REPORTS OVERSIGHT
- ALC-MEDICAL MARIJUANA OVERSIGHT SUBCOMMITTEE
- LEGISLATIVE JOINT AUDITING-STATE AGENCIES
- PUBLIC HEALTH, WELFARE AND LABOR COMMITTEE - SENATE
- LEGISLATIVE JOINT AUDITING
- ALC-OCCUPATIONAL LICENSING REVIEW SUBCOMMITTEE
- STATE AGENCIES & GOVT'L AFFAIRS-SENATE
- CHILDREN AND YOUTH COMMITTEE - SENATE
- ARKANSAS LEGISLATIVE COUNCIL (ALC)
- JOINT BUDGET COMMITTEE
Senator Breanne Davis
For even more member and bill details.
Senate District 16 Map