Senator Clint Penzo
Senator Clint Penzo was elected to the Senate in 2022 and was sworn on January 9, 2023. He represents District 31, which includes parts of the cities of Springdale, Johnson, Tontitown and Elm Springs in Washington County.
Senator Penzo is chair of the Senate Rules, Resolutions and Memorials Committee, co-chair of the Medical Marijuana Oversight Subcommittee and vice co-chair of the Occupational Licensing Review Subcommittee. He is a member on the Senate Public Health, Welfare and Labor Committee, the Senate Insurance and Commerce Committee, the Senate Interim Committee on Children and Youth, the Joint Budget Committee, the Arkansas Legislative Council, the Legislative Joint Auditing Committee, the Claims Review and Litigation Reports Oversight Subcommittee and the Highway Commission Review and Advisory Subcommittee.
Senator Penzo served in the Arkansas House of Representatives from 2017 through 2022. He was vice co-chair of Joint Energy Committee and a member of the Joint Budget Committee, the House Insurance and Commerce Committee and House Public Health, Welfare and Labor Committee. Senator Penzo served on the Tontitown City Council for two years.
During the 93rd General Assembly, Senator Penzo sponsored bills that strengthen Arkansas adoption laws and provide that healthcare providers are reimbursed for behavioral health services by the Arkansas Medicaid Program.
Senator Penzo is a graduate of the University of Arkansas and works as a realtor for Re/Max Associates. He was named to the Northwest Arkansas Business Journal’s 40 under 40 list.
Senator Penzo is a member of the Knights of Columbus, the Rotary Club, Springdale Chamber of Commerce and the National Associations of Realtors.
- Chair: SENATE RULES, RESOLUTIONS & MEMORIALS
- Co-Chair: ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE AND DEMENTIA ADVISORY COUNCIL, ALC-MEDICAL MARIJUANA OVERSIGHT SUBCOMMITTEE
- Vice-Chair: JBC-PERSONNEL, ALC-OCCUPATIONAL LICENSING REVIEW SUBCOMMITTEE
- ALC-CLAIMS REVIEW/LITIGATION REPORTS OVERSIGHT
- JOINT BUDGET COMMITTEE - PRE-FISCAL SESSION BUDGET HEARINGS
- LEGISLATIVE JOINT AUDITING
- LEGISLATIVE JOINT AUDITING-STATE AGENCIES
- LEGISLATIVE JOINT AUDITING-MEDICAID SUBCOMMITTEE
- PUBLIC HEALTH, WELFARE AND LABOR COMMITTEE - SENATE
- JBC-ADMINISTRATIVE RULE REVIEW SUBCOMMITTEE
- ALC-HIGHWAY COMMISSION REVIEW AND ADVISORY SUBCOMMITTEE
- ARKANSAS LEGISLATIVE COUNCIL (ALC)
- INSURANCE & COMMERCE - SENATE
- CHILDREN AND YOUTH COMMITTEE - SENATE
- JOINT BUDGET COMMITTEE
Senator Clint Penzo
For even more member and bill details.
Senate District 31 Map