Senator Dan Sullivan
(Download High-Res Photo)
- District: 20
- Seniority: 19
- District Address: Po Box 19406, Jonesboro, 72403
- Phone: (870) 275-2929
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Party: Republican
- Legislative Service: Senate 2021
House 2015, 2017, 2019
Senator Dan Sullivan represents Senate District 20, which includes parts of Craighead County and the cities of Jonesboro and Bono and Herndon Township. He was elected to the Senate in November of 2020 and was sworn in on the first day of the regular session of 2021.
Senator Sullivan is vice chair of the Senate Public Health, Welfare and Labor Committee and co-chair of the Higher Education Subcommittee. He is also a member of the Senate City, County and Local Affairs Committee, the Joint Performance Review (JPR) Committee, the Senate Interim Committee on Children and Youth, the Joint Budget Committee, the Arkansas Legislative Council, the Legislative Joint Auditing Committee, the Charitable, Penal and Correctional Institutions Subcommittee, the Medicaid Marijuana Oversight Subcommittee, the Policy-Making Subcommittee and the Uniform Personnel Classification and Compensation Plan Subcommittee.
Senator Sullivan served in the Arkansas House of Representatives for three terms before his election to the Senate.
In 2019 he co-sponsored legislation to raise minimum starting salaries of public school teachers.
During his first term in the Senate he co-sponsored two different bills that amended the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act. Act 310 of 2021 allows citizens to use a personal device to make copies of public documents. Act 572 of 2021 amends the awarding of attorneys’ fees under the original Freedom of Information Act. Senator Sullivan also sponsored legislation that allows Arkansas businesses and banks to hold annual or special shareholder meetings remotely.
Senator Sullivan earned a BSE from Arkansas State University and an MSE in School Administration at Northeast Missouri State.
Senator Sullivan is retired from the healthcare industry and a former administrator of the Jonesboro School System. He enjoys golf, hunting and fishing.
Senator Sullivan is a father of two adult children and has two grandchildren. He lives in Jonesboro with his wife, Maria.
- Co-Chair: ALC-HIGHER EDUCATION SUBCOMMITTEE, LEGISLATIVE JOINT AUDITING-EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS, JBC-CLAIMS
- Vice-Chair: PUBLIC HEALTH, WELFARE AND LABOR COMMITTEE - SENATE
- ALC-CHARITABLE, PENAL, AND CORRECTIONAL INSTITUTIONS
- JOINT BUDGET COMMITTEE - PRE-FISCAL SESSION BUDGET HEARINGS
- LEGISLATIVE JOINT AUDITING - EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
- LEGISLATIVE JOINT AUDITING
- CHILDREN AND YOUTH COMMITTEE - SENATE
- ALC-MEDICAL MARIJUANA OVERSIGHT SUBCOMMITTEE
- CITY, COUNTY & LOCAL AFFAIRS COMMITTEE - SENATE
- ARKANSAS LEGISLATIVE COUNCIL (ALC)
- ALC-POLICY MAKING
- JOINT PERFORMANCE REVIEW (JPR)
- JBC-ADMINISTRATIVE RULE REVIEW SUBCOMMITTEE
- JOINT PERFORMANCE REVIEW - SENATE
- JOINT BUDGET COMMITTEE
Senator Dan Sullivan
For even more member and bill details.
Senate District 20 Map