Senator David Wallace
(Download High-Res Photo)
- District: 22
- Seniority: 26
- District Address: P.O. Box 11, Leachville, 72438
- Phone: 870-919-8046
- Email: David.Wallace@senate.ar.gov
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Disaster Recovery, Wallace Resource Systems
- Veteran: Army (101st Airborne, First Cavalry Division, First Infantry Division, 17th Aviation Group)
- Legislative Service: Senate 2017
Senator Dave Wallace of Leachville represents Senate District 22, which includes Mississippi and Poinsett Counties and parts of Craighead County.
He served in the House of Representatives for four years before being elected in 2016 to the Arkansas Senate.
In 2019, Senator Wallace co-sponsored Act 579, which redefines the scope of practice for optometry to allow optometrists to perform certain procedures that previously could only be done by ophthalmologists, such as injections around the eye, removal of bumps and lesions from the eyelids and certain types of laser surgery.
He was the Senate sponsor of legislation that will replace the two statues from Arkansas in the United States Capitol, with new ones of Daisy Gatson Bates and Johnny Cash.
In 2017 Senator Wallace co-sponsored Act 375 to require new school buses to be equipped with seat belts, if funding is available. He was the Senate sponsor of Act 375, to update the classroom materials used to teach African-American history and to separate the commemoration of the state holiday honoring Dr. Martin Luther King from that commemorating the birthday of Robert E. Lee.
Senator Wallace is a graduate of Leachville High School. He attended Arkansas State University and Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, where he earned a Bachelor of Science in Education.
He was commissioned a Second Lieutenant from the ROTC program at ASU in 1970, and went on to serve his country for over 20 years leading troops from the level of Platoon Leader to Company Commander, and finally as a Battalion Commander in Divisions such as The 101st Airborne, First Cavalry Division, the First Infantry Division and the 17th Aviation Group.
During the Vietnam War, he was decorated for heroism on seven different occasions while flying Cobra attack helicopters in an Air Cavalry Troop. Twice he was shot down. Wallace was awarded the Bronze Star, Legion of Merit, three Distinguished Flying Crosses, an Air Medal for Valor, and three Vietnamese Crosses of Gallantry.
Senator Wallace was inducted into the Arkansas State University Hall of Heroes in 2010, into the Arkansas Military Veteran's Hall of Fame in 2014, and the Arkansas Aviation Hall of Fame in 2016.
As a small business owner, Senator Wallace has spent years creating jobs and making a weekly payroll. His company, Wallace Resources, specializes in disaster relief.
He has two children, Jason and Kelly, and resides in Leachville with his wife, Karen.
Senator Wallace is vice chair of the Senate Committee on Public Health, Welfare and Labor and is a member of the Senate Committee on Agriculture, Forestry and Economic Development. He also serves on the Joint Budget Committee, the Senate Interim Committee on Children and Youth and the Joint Energy Committee.
- Co-Chair: ALC-PERSONNEL
- Vice-Chair: PUBLIC HEALTH, WELFARE AND LABOR COMMITTEE - SENATE, PUBLIC HEALTH - SENATE HEALTH SERVICES
- ALC-DATA-SHARING AND DATA-DRIVEN DECISION-MAKING SUBCOMMITTEE
- JOINT BUDGET COMMITTEE - PRE-FISCAL SESSION BUDGET HEARINGS
- JBC-SPECIAL LANGUAGE
- ALC-GAME & FISH/STATE POLICE
- ALC-HIGHER EDUCATION SUBCOMMITTEE
- ALC-ARKANSAS HEALTH INSURANCE MARKETPLACE OVERSIGHT SUBCOMMITTEE
- AGRICULTURE, FORESTRY & ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT - SENATE
- ENERGY - JOINT
- CHILDREN AND YOUTH COMMITTEE - SENATE
- JOINT BUDGET COMMITTEE
- ARKANSAS LEGISLATIVE COUNCIL (ALC)
Senator David Wallace
For even more member and bill details.
Senate District 22 Map