Senator Jim Petty
Senator Jim Petty was elected to the Senate in 2022 was sworn in on opening day of the 94th General Assembly. He represents District 29, which includes Crawford County and parts of Washington County.
Senator Petty is serving as vice chair of the Senate Revenue and Taxation Committee and vice co-chair of the Review Subcommittee. He is a member of the Senate City, County and Local Affairs Committee, the Joint Performance Review (JPR) Committee, the Joint Budget Committee, the Arkansas Legislative Council, the Legislative Joint Auditing Committee, the Occupational Licensing Subcommittee and the Policy-Making Subcommittee.
Senator Petty is a small business owner and a CPA. He is on the executive leadership team of a multi-state real estate firm. Senator Petty has served on several boards and committees with the American Institute of CPAs. He currently serves on the Federal Home Loan Bank of Dallas Affordable Housing Advisory Board.
After college, Senator Petty began volunteering at the Boys and Girls Clubs and still is an active volunteer. He received multiple state and national awards for his years of service to the Boys and Girls Clubs.
Senator Petty and his wife, Janet, have been married for more than 35 years and they have lived in Van Buren for over 26 years. They have two adult children and one granddaughter. Senator Petty is an avid runner and has completed in several marathons.
- Co-Chair: LEGISLATIVE JOINT AUDITING-MEDICAID SUBCOMMITTEE
- Vice-Chair: REVENUE & TAX - SENATE, JBC-PEER REVIEW, ALC-REVIEW
- JOINT BUDGET COMMITTEE - PRE-FISCAL SESSION BUDGET HEARINGS
- ALC-OCCUPATIONAL LICENSING REVIEW SUBCOMMITTEE
- LEGISLATIVE JOINT AUDITING-EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS
- CITY, COUNTY & LOCAL AFFAIRS COMMITTEE - SENATE
- ALC-POLICY MAKING
- ARKANSAS LEGISLATIVE COUNCIL (ALC)
- LEGISLATIVE JOINT AUDITING
- JOINT PERFORMANCE REVIEW - SENATE
- JOINT BUDGET COMMITTEE
- JOINT PERFORMANCE REVIEW (JPR)
Senator Jim Petty
For even more member and bill details.
Senate District 29 Map