Senator Matt Stone
Senator Matt Stone was elected to the Senate in November 2022 and was sworn on January 9, 2023. He represents District 2, which includes Calhoun, Dallas, Ouachita and Union Counties and part of Grant County.
Senator Stone is vice-chair of the Senate Agriculture, Forestry and Economic Development Committee and is a member of the Senate Education Committee, the Senate Efficiency Committee, the Senate Ethics Committee and the Legislative Joint Auditing Committee.
Senator Stone has served on the Camden City Council, the Ouachita County Sheriff’s Dive Search Rescue and Recovery Team and was appointed to the Arkansas Forestry Division in 2018. He has served as a mentor to students in the Camden-Fairview School District, volunteered with Keep Camden Clean, was co-chair of Unity in the Community and was co-chair of Golden Triangle.
Senator Stone is the seventh generation of his family to be born in Arkansas. He graduated from the University of Arkansas Monticello and received his Bachelor of Science in Forestry. He has an BA in Mine Management and Safety from Midway University of Midway Kentucky and an MS in Operations Management from the University of Arkansas. Senator Stone has a Master of Theology (Th.M.), a Doctorate of Theology (Th.D.) from Missionary Baptist Seminary in Little Rock and a Graduate Certificate of Conflict Mediation from UALR. He founded Stone Timber Company Inc. and is president of the company.
Senator Stone has been married to his wife, Jenny, for more than 42 years and lives in Camden. He is a member of the Calvary Baptist Church and teaches Sunday School when called upon. Senator Stone and his wife have three adult children and are grandparents to five grandkids.
He enjoys reading, hunting and fishing and has contributed articles to Arkansas Game and Fish Finder Magazine.
- Vice-Chair: AGRICULTURE, FORESTRY & ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT - SENATE
- ALC-OCCUPATIONAL LICENSING REVIEW SUBCOMMITTEE
- ALC-HIGHWAY COMMISSION REVIEW AND ADVISORY SUBCOMMITTEE
- ALC-GAME & FISH/STATE POLICE
- ALC-HIGHER EDUCATION SUBCOMMITTEE
- ALC-HOSPITAL AND MEDICAID STUDY SUBCOMMITTEE
- ALC-LOTTERY OVERSIGHT SUBCOMMITTEE
- ALC-MEDICAL MARIJUANA OVERSIGHT SUBCOMMITTEE
- ALC-POLICY MAKING
- LEGISLATIVE JOINT AUDITING-COUNTIES AND MUNICIPALITIES
- ALC-CHARITABLE, PENAL, AND CORRECTIONAL INSTITUTIONS
- ALC-CLAIMS REVIEW/LITIGATION REPORTS OVERSIGHT
- ALC-EMPLOYEE BENEFITS DIVISION OVERSIGHT SUBCOMMITTEE
- EDUCATION COMMITTEE - SENATE
- ALC-EXECUTIVE SUBCOMMITTEE
- ALC-ADMINISTRATIVE RULES
- ARKANSAS LEGISLATIVE COUNCIL (ALC)
- LEGISLATIVE JOINT AUDITING
- SENATE EFFICIENCY
- SENATE ETHICS COMMITTEE
Senator Matt Stone
For even more member and bill details.
Senate District 2 Map