Senator Reginald Murdock
Senator Reginald Murdock was elected to the Senate in 2022 and was sworn in on January 9, 2023. He represents District 9, which includes Crittenden and Phillips Counties and parts of Lee and St. Francis Counties.
Senator Murdock is vice-chair of the Senate Insurance and Commerce Committee. He is also a member on the Senate Transportation, Technology and Legislative Affairs Committee, the Joint Performance Review Committee, the Joint Retirement and Social Security Programs Committee, the Joint Budget Committee, the Arkansas Legislative Council, the Charitable, Penal and Correctional Institutions Subcommittee, the Claims Review and litigation Reports Oversight Subcommittee, the Occupational Licensing Review Subcommittee and the Uniform Personnel Classification and Compensation Plan Subcommittee.
Senator Murdock served in the Arkansas House of Representatives from 2011 through 2022. While in the House he was vice-chair of the Joint Performance Review (JPR) Committee, vice-chair of the House Education Committee and vice-chair of the House Insurance and Commerce Committee. Senator Murdock also served as the Assistant Speaker Pro Tempore from the 1st Congressional District in 2015 and in 2017.
In 2021 Senator Murdock was the lead sponsor for Act 877, which requires electric utilities to have an emergency plan in place during bad weather events. He also sponsored ACT 691 of 2021 to clarify who can participate in the Teacher Retirement System.
In 2011, Senator Murdock’s first year in the House, he sponsored ACT 909 that created the Adult Sickle Cell Clinic at UAMS and to reduce overall cost for treatment. In 2015, Senator Murdock was the lead sponsor to allow a school district to be granted the same waivers that are granted to an open-enrollment public charter school that draws students from the school district.
Senator Murdock is a graduate of Lee High School in Marianna and the University of Arkansas, where he earned a degree in industrial engineering. He is an engineer and contractor. Senator Murdock and his wife, Willie, have one daughter and are members of the Church of Christ.
- Vice-Chair: ARKANSAS LEGISLATIVE BLACK CAUCUS, INSURANCE & COMMERCE - SENATE
- ADVANCED COMMUNICATIONS AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY - JOINT
- ALC-CHARITABLE, PENAL, AND CORRECTIONAL INSTITUTIONS
- ALC-CLAIMS REVIEW/LITIGATION REPORTS OVERSIGHT
- JOINT BUDGET COMMITTEE - PRE-FISCAL SESSION BUDGET HEARINGS
- TRANSPORTATION, TECHNOLOGY & LEGISLATIVE AFFAIRS - SENATE
- PUBLIC RETIREMENT & SOCIAL SECURITY PROGRAMS-JOINT
- ALC-OCCUPATIONAL LICENSING REVIEW SUBCOMMITTEE
- LEGISLATIVE JOINT AUDITING-COUNTIES AND MUNICIPALITIES
- LEGISLATIVE JOINT AUDITING-EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS
- ARKANSAS LEGISLATIVE COUNCIL (ALC)
- JOINT PERFORMANCE REVIEW (JPR)
- LEGISLATIVE JOINT AUDITING
- JOINT BUDGET COMMITTEE
Senator Reginald Murdock
For even more member and bill details.
Senate District 9 Map