Senator Scott Flippo
(Download High-Res Photo)
- District: 17
- Seniority: 18
- District Address: P.O. Box 705, Bull Shoals, 72619
- Phone: 870-421-3420
- Email: Scott.Flippo@senate.ar.gov
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Assisted Living Owner
- Legislative Service: Senate 2015, 2017, 2019
Senator Scott Flippo represents District 17, which includes parts of Baxter, Boone and Marion Counties. He was elected to the Senate in 2014 and took the oath of office on the first day of the 2015 regular session.
Senator Flippo is the vice chair of the Senate Public Health, Welfare and Labor Committee and a member of Senate City, County and Local Affairs Committee. He is a member of the Joint Performance Review Committee, the Joint Energy Committee, the Legislative Council and Joint Budget Committee. Senator Flippo is the Senate Majority Leader for the 93rd General Assembly.
In past sessions Senator Flippo has served as the Senate co-chair of the Legislative Council’s Review Subcommittee and the Behavioral Health Treatment Access Legislative Task Force. He has served as vice chair for the Council’s Hospital and Medicaid Study Subcommittee and vice chair of the Joint Energy Committee. He was the Senate Majority Whip for the 92nd General Assembly.
In the 2021 session Senator Flippo sponsored legislation to amend the penalties for a violation of the mandatory seat belt law, to expand the review of license applications for long-term care facilities and to amend the Medicaid eligibility verification system. He was also the Senate sponsor for House bills on chemical abortion, the use of firefighting foam and the authority of the Attorney General to legally challenge federal regulations.
In past sessions, Senator Flippo sponsored legislation to reform procurement policies of state agencies. He sponsored legislation to strengthen the General Assembly’s oversight of procurement rules and practices.
Senator Flippo is a member the National Conference of State Legislatures (NCSL) and the Southern Legislative Conference (SLC). He is a member of the Bull Shoals Chamber of Commerce and Rotary Club and Mountain Home Chamber of Commerce and Rotary Club.
Senator Flippo is a native of Mountain Home and lives in Bull Shoals. He is a graduate of Mountain Home High School and earned a degree in Business Administration from the University of Arkansas.
He is the owner of Carefree Living, an assisted living center. He is a member of the Methodist church.
- Chair: PUBLIC HEALTH - SENATE HUMAN SERVICES SUBCOMMITTEE, ALC-REVIEW
- Vice-Chair: JBC-ADMINISTRATIVE RULE REVIEW SUBCOMMITTEE, PUBLIC HEALTH, WELFARE AND LABOR COMMITTEE - SENATE
- PUBLIC HEALTH - SENATE LABOR & ENVIRONMENT SUBCOMMITTEE
- ALC-CLAIMS REVIEW/LITIGATION REPORTS OVERSIGHT
- ALC-POLICY MAKING
- ARKANSAS LEGISLATIVE COUNCIL (ALC)
- CITY, COUNTY & LOCAL AFFAIRS COMMITTEE - SENATE
- JOINT PERFORMANCE REVIEW - SENATE
- JOINT PERFORMANCE REVIEW (JPR)
- ENERGY - JOINT
- LEGISLATIVE JOINT AUDITING
- COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE - SENATE
- JOINT BUDGET COMMITTEE
Senator Scott Flippo
For even more member and bill details.
Senate District 17 Map