Senator Terry Rice
(Download High-Res Photo)
- District: 9
- Seniority: 22
- District Address: P.O. Box 2195, Waldron, 72958
- Phone: 479-637-3100
- Email: Terry.Rice@senate.ar.gov
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Business Owner, Rice Furniture & Appliance, Inc.
- Legislative Service: Senate 2015, 2017
House 2009, 2011, 2013
Senator Terry Rice represents Senate District 9, which comprises Scott County and portions of Crawford, Franklin and Sebastian Counties.
He was elected to the Senate in 2014 and was sworn in on the first day of the 2015 regular session, after serving in the House of Representatives for three terms, from 2009 through 2014.
Senator Rice is the Senate vice chair of the Legislative Council and vice chair of the Joint Performance Review Committee. He is a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, the Senate Committee on City, County and Local Affairs and the Legislative Joint Auditing Committee.
Senator Rice’s father and grandfather also served in the Arkansas Legislature.
Senator Rice is the longtime co-owner of Rice Furniture in Waldron and a cattle farmer. He is president of two Rice Furniture & Appliance Stores.
He is a past president of the Arkansas Home Furnishings Association and has served on the southeast region board of Associated Volume Buyers/Brand Source National Dealer Group. He has received regional and state recognition for his professional accomplishments including Dealer of the Year from various industry associates.
Senator Rice was born in Fort Smith. He and his wife JoAnn have been married for more than 44 years, and have two sons and four grandchildren. They are members of Bates Baptist Church.
- Vice-Chair: JOINT PERFORMANCE REVIEW (JPR), ALC-EXECUTIVE SUBCOMMITTEE, JOINT PERFORMANCE REVIEW - SENATE, ARKANSAS LEGISLATIVE COUNCIL (ALC)
- ALC-DATA-SHARING AND DATA-DRIVEN DECISION-MAKING SUBCOMMITTEE
- JOINT BUDGET COMMITTEE - PRE-FISCAL SESSION BUDGET HEARINGS
- JBC-ADMINISTRATIVE RULE REVIEW SUBCOMMITTEE
- JBC-PEER REVIEW
- JBC-SPECIAL LANGUAGE
- LEGISLATIVE JOINT AUDITING-MEDICAID SUBCOMMITTEE
- LEGISLATIVE JOINT AUDITING-COUNTIES AND MUNICIPALITIES
- ALC-ADMINISTRATIVE RULES
- ALC-CHARITABLE, PENAL, AND CORRECTIONAL INSTITUTIONS
- ALC-CLAIMS REVIEW
- ALC-GAME & FISH/STATE POLICE
- ALC-HIGHER EDUCATION SUBCOMMITTEE
- ALC-HOSPITAL AND MEDICAID STUDY SUBCOMMITTEE
- ALC-LITIGATION REPORTS OVERSIGHT SUBCOMMITTEE
- ALC-POLICY MAKING
- ALC-LOTTERY OVERSIGHT SUBCOMMITTEE
- ALC-HIGHWAY COMMISSION REVIEW AND ADVISORY SUBCOMMITTEE
- ALC-ARKANSAS HEALTH INSURANCE MARKETPLACE OVERSIGHT SUBCOMMITTEE
- ALC-OCCUPATIONAL LICENSING REVIEW SUBCOMMITTEE
- GOVERNOR'S EMERGENCY FUND REVIEW COMMITTEE
- SENATE RULES, RESOLUTIONS & MEMORIALS
- JOINT BUDGET COMMITTEE
- LEGISLATIVE JOINT AUDITING
- JUDICIARY COMMITTEE - SENATE
- CITY, COUNTY & LOCAL AFFAIRS COMMITTEE - SENATE
Senator Terry Rice
For even more member and bill details.
Senate District 9 Map