Arkansas Ready for Business Grant Program
The Arkansas Ready for Business Grant Program has been established by the Arkansas Economic Development Commission and is designed to assist businesses affected by the COVID-19 outbreak. The program will provide direct grants to companies for expenses associated with ensuring the health and safety of employees and patrons. Eligible expenditures include Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and no-contact thermometers for employees and customers, no-contact Point of Sale (POS) payment equipment; supplies and disinfectants to initially deep clean premises and for use on an ongoing basis; also included are expenses associated with hiring a third party to perform periodic deep cleaning services, hand sanitizer stations, restocking of necessary supplies/raw materials, expenses associated with reconfiguring business to meet recommended health and safety guidelines, signage, marketing and other one-time expenses associated with reopening or resuming normal operations. The program will utilize federal funds provided to the state of Arkansas through the CARES Act.
Grant Program Guidelines:
- Eligible businesses include corporations, partnerships, sole proprietorships, LLCs, Joint Ventures and Non-profits (Government-owned entities are not eligible)
- All industry sectors are eligible
- Business must have a Certificate of Good Standing with the AR Secretary of State’s Office (if a Sole Proprietor, a business license or sales tax permit is required)
- Business and owners must NOT be delinquent on any Arkansas tax
- Businesses must either have a) customers and/or employees physically coming to their business premises or b) must conduct business on customer premises
When submitting an application please have ready: Driver’s License of authorized business representative, Signed W9, Certificate of Good Standing from Secretary of State (Business License or Sales Tax Permit for Sole Proprietors).
For those wishing to apply please visit https://www.arkansasedc.com/covid19resources/business-resources/ready-for-business-grant-program/
AEDC will be accepting applications Tuesday, May 5th from 8:00am – 6:00pm and Wednesday, May 6th from 8:00am – 6:00pm.
Businesses that have already successfully submitted an application do not need to reapply.