Senator Jimmy Hickey, Jr
(Download High-Res Photo)
- District: 11
- Seniority: 17
- District Address: 3216 East 35th Street, Texarkana, 71854
- Phone: 870-772-4444
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Construction and Rental; Oak Creek Investment Properties, Inc. and GBU Operations, Inc.
- Legislative Service: Senate 2013, 2015, 2017
Senator Jimmy Hickey, Jr., of Texarkana represents District 11 of southwest Arkansas.
He is Senate co-chair of the Joint Performance Review Committee, a member of the Senate Committee on Public Health, Welfare and Labor and a member of the Senate Committee on State Agencies and Governmental Affairs. He also serves on the Joint Budget Committee, the Legislative Council and the Legislative Joint Auditing Committee.
He was elected in 2012 and took the oath of office on the first day of the 2013 legislative session. His priorities include making sure that the lottery scholarship program is financially stable, and that its operations are transparent and its officials are accountable. Senator Hickey is at the table when lawmakers consider potential changes in eligibility for college scholarships.
During the 2019 session he took the lead in the Senate of analyzing the impact of the longest bill ever filed in Arkansas history, a far-reaching transformation of state government’s structure that was more than 2,000 pages long.
His business interests include rental and real estate investments. He was a banker for 25 years and retired from Commercial National Bank as senior vice president.
A native of Texarkana, Senator Hickey received his Bachelor of Business Administration from East Texas State University.
He served on the Texarkana School Board for two terms and served as its vice president and president. He is married to Denise and they have a son. He is a member of Trinity Baptist Church.
District 11 includes Lafayette, Little River and Miller Counties and parts of Hempstead and Sevier Counties.
- Chair: JOINT PERFORMANCE REVIEW (JPR), JOINT PERFORMANCE REVIEW - SENATE
- Vice-Chair: ALC-GAME & FISH/STATE POLICE
- TRANSPORTATION OF NONEMERGENCY BEHAVIOR HEALTH PATIENTS
- JOINT BUDGET COMMITTEE - PRE-FISCAL SESSION BUDGET HEARINGS
- JBC-PEER REVIEW
- LEGISLATIVE JOINT AUDITING-STATE AGENCIES
- ALC-LOTTERY OVERSIGHT SUBCOMMITTEE
- ALC-HIGHWAY COMMISSION REVIEW AND ADVISORY SUBCOMMITTEE
- PUBLIC HEALTH, WELFARE AND LABOR COMMITTEE - SENATE
- PUBLIC HEALTH - SENATE HEALTH SERVICES
- STATE AGENCIES & GOVT'L AFFAIRS-SENATE
- SENATE RULES, RESOLUTIONS & MEMORIALS
- JOINT BUDGET COMMITTEE
- ARKANSAS LEGISLATIVE COUNCIL (ALC)
- LEGISLATIVE JOINT AUDITING
- LEGISLATIVE FACILITIES
Senator Jimmy Hickey, Jr
For even more member and bill details.
Senate District 11 Map