Senator Ben Gilmore
(Download High-Res Photo)
- District: 26
- Seniority: 35
- District Address: Po Box 1197, Crossett, 71635
- Phone: (501) 467-5952
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Marketing and Communications Consultant
- Legislative Service: Senate 2021
Senator Ben Gilmore was elected to the Senate in November 2020 and was sworn in on January 11, 2021. He is serving his first term with the Arkansas Senate.
Senate Gilmore represents District 26, which includes Ashley, Bradley, Chicot and Drew Counties and parts of Cleveland, Desha and Lincoln Counties.
Senator Gilmore is a member of the Senate Committee on Public Health, Welfare and Labor and the Senate Committee on Agriculture, Forestry and Economic Development. He also serves on the Joint Performance Review Committee and the Legislative Joint Auditing Committee.
Senator Gilmore sponsored Act 71 to create the Workforce Expansion Act of 2021. Senator Gilmore is a co-sponsor of the Arkansas “Stand Your Ground” Law, which allows the legal use of physical force or deadly physical force in self-defense.
He was the Senate sponsor of legislation allowing pharmacists and their technicians to administer vaccinations and flu shots. He also co-sponsored legislation that exempts from state income taxes any unemployment insurance benefits a person claimed during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Senator Gilmore was a co-sponsor of the law that allows medical professionals to refuse to perform procedures that go against their conscience.
He was co-sponsor of laws banning transgender boys from participating in girls’s sports, and he also co-sponsored a series of bills updating election laws.
He is the Senate sponsor for House Concurrent Resolution 1002, to encourage greater collaboration among healthcare providers, law enforcement officers, educators, elected public officials and community leaders in reducing the abuse of prescription drugs in Arkansas.
Senator Gilmore lives in Crossett. He attended Liberty University and the University of Arkansas at Monticello. He was a field representative for U.S. Congressman Bruce Westerman and then worked as the Deputy Chief of Staff/Communications Director for Lieutenant Governor Tim Griffin.
He is a Marketing and Communications Consultant.
Senator Gilmore is a member and trustee of First Baptist Church of Crossett. He is a committee member of the Crossett Committee for the Future and a board member of the Friends of the Crossett Public Library.
- PUBLIC HEALTH - SENATE HEALTH SERVICES
- ALC-HOSPITAL AND MEDICAID STUDY SUBCOMMITTEE
- COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE - SENATE
- ARKANSAS LEGISLATIVE ARTS AND TECHNOLOGY BOOT CAMP
- SENATE EFFICIENCY
- ALC-CLAIMS REVIEW/LITIGATION REPORTS OVERSIGHT
- LEGISLATIVE JOINT AUDITING-EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS
- ALC-ADMINISTRATIVE RULES
- ALC-ARKANSAS HEALTH INSURANCE MARKETPLACE OVERSIGHT SUBCOMMITTEE
- JOINT PERFORMANCE REVIEW - SENATE
- JOINT PERFORMANCE REVIEW (JPR)
- ARKANSAS LEGISLATIVE COUNCIL (ALC)
- PUBLIC HEALTH, WELFARE AND LABOR COMMITTEE - SENATE
- AGRICULTURE, FORESTRY & ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT - SENATE
- LEGISLATIVE JOINT AUDITING
Senator Ben Gilmore
For even more member and bill details.
Senate District 26 Map